Saturday, February 1, 2014

Volunteering 1.0

The wonderful world of social media strikes again! Recently, I've been investing a lot of time in Linked In, a social networking site that focuses more on professional working relationships as opposed to friendships (like Facebook). A lady that is an advocate for children with learning disabilities on the island sent me a message and told me a little about a dyslexic girl that she works with - also an aspiring graphic artist. This young lady has had a very troublesome time throughout her school and social life, but has a passion and talent in art so deep that is just waiting to be discovered. After some chatting to and motivation boosting, I received a call from her counselor this evening, bubbling with excitement that the young lady was so inspired that she couldn't wait to start drawing and selling her artwork. It was a very rewarding day for me, and I look forward to be able to share what I know and love to do with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment